Installation of High Speed Doors at London City Airport fire station
Original scope was to supply replacement service bay doors, that raised quickly, had a manual chain override and the highest wind rating available. The scope was developed by London City Airport Engineering in partnership with JLC Group Ltd.
JLC Group quoted to supply 4 x 'Turbo Fold High Speed Doors', with low level chain drive manual override and to a wind rating of 5.
- All doors raise on remote crash alarm, initiated by the Terminal Operations, Airfield Operations. As the alarm come into the fire station it automatically triggers all four doors to raise.
- All doors raise on crash system buttons located within the fire station.
- All doors raise, one touch on each control panel individually.
- All doors lower, one touch on each control panel individually.
- All doors have a manual override and local low level chain drive.
- All doors installed by fully certified JLC installations engineers to manufacturers guidelines.
- All doors are wind rated 5 the highest.
JLC Installed additional rubber foam seal to the inside of all doors to eliminate excessive noise created during wind weathering, and also installed a weather brush strip externally to full height of structural opening to provide additional weather seal. Both these resolves do not come as part the standard package from the supplier/manufacture or as an option but engineered by JLC to provide additional quality of installation.
Management & Aftercare
JLC provided full management of the works involved including fitting the doors, adhering to Health and Safety with Covid-19 processes, and all logistics including organising airside vehicles permits and the plant required.
JLC also have an ongoing service contract in place with London City Airport.
Looking for a cost effective all electric delivery vehicle? The JLC City Van is perfect for zipping around and navigating in confined areas and is available as either a Flatbed or Box Style Van.
For further details
Complete the enquiry form and we will be in touch