Who we are
JLC Group are a multidisciplined UK engineering Company who design, install and maintain specialist systems ranging from bomb blast doors, intelligent automated access control systems, to Fixed Electrical Ground Power and electric vehicle solutions including charging installations. With over 200 years of experience in producing solutions for complex problems, our in-house design and manufacturing allows us to create custom products for our clients.
Our wealth of experience, combined with comprehensive training and a continuous professional development philosophy enables us to provide a high quality service that we continually strive to improve and enhance.
We work all over the UK providing and installing the best equipment from our suppliers around the world. As an independent company, we are not bound to any manufacturer, which give us the flexibility in sourcing world class products and systems that are not only tailored to our individual customer’s premises and requirement, but also cost competitive. We offer free site surveys and no obligation quotations, please complete our enquiry form for further information and to request a call back.
- We are committed to following practices that are safe, environmentally friendly, cost effective and innovative, creating significant value for all stakeholders
- We are trustworthy and reliable, and our customers can count on us to deliver
- We are a people first organisation. We value relationships and human networks and combine this with a healthy view on work-life balance
- We are always looking for the best solutions for our customers
JLC Group provide comprehensive service & maintenance packages tailored directly to your specific requirements. JLC can also fully complete new installs of all the products we offer, without the need for use of subcontractors.
- All our maintenance contracts strive to ensure maximisation of asset life and minimal down-time.
- Each contract is uniquely customised & structured to each clients requirements.
- Extensive reactive cover with varying degrees of response rate is also available 24/7 for customers who require constant cover for specialist assets or secure locations.
- All our technicians are manufacturer certified and competently qualified to ensure assets are operating correctly.
Not only can we supply the required parts & labour to complete new installation projects, we also have the competence to act as principal contractor on sites with full CDM capabilities.
We also carry out regular workplace Covid-19 testing in partnership with NHS Test and Trace for all our staff, this ensures the welfare of both our staff and customers and helps stop the spread of Covid-19.
We are currently looking for an Automatic Door Engineer based in the Southwest / Exeter region. You will be supplied with a company van and paid from when you leave your home as well as a company pension and training package. The works area is the entire South West region, covering all of Devon, Cornwall, Dorset & Gloucestershire.
This Engineer role will involve:
- The repair, service and maintenance of swing and sliding doors, roller & sectional shutters, Swing & sliding Gates.
- Basic electrical wiring & fault finding
- Basic mechanical knowledge.
- Offering fantastic face to face customer service.
- Following strict EN16005 / BS7036 regulations.
- Mechanical skill set background required preferable in the industrial door/gate/shutter sector.
- Experience with Commercial Automatic Doors is ESSENTIAL
- Electrical Experience is ESSENTIAL
- Strong customer facing skills
- UK clean Driving licence
- IPAF preferred
- Formal electrical qualifications ESSENTIAL
- Aptitude for physical work.
- Can do attitude.
- Presentable at all times.
- Customer interfacing skills. Electrical basic knowledge within the door sector preferred.
In return you will receive:
- A basic salary of £30,000-£40,000 based on experience.
- Private health care scheme.
- Fully racked company van.
- Tablet and mobile phone.
- Pension scheme after 3 months successful probation
- 20 days holiday, (28 days including bank holidays)
- Premium overtime rates.
- Installation full range of products
- Ability to work at heights from access platform
- Reading of drawings and technical instructions.
- Efficient planning capability of site visits to customers.
- Completing all customer visits accurately, timely and efficiently.
- Completion of all required documentation and ability to use tablet to both receive and log all competed jobs.
- Ability to accurately monitor stock level of spares & parts. after 3 months successful probation
"Our wealth of experience, combined with a continuous professional development philosophy, enables us to provide a high quality service that we continually strive to improve and enhance"
For further details
Complete the enquiry form and we will be in touch